"href"=’https://plus.google.com/101651909899715878453?rel=author’>+Anthony Davis

Monday 30 July 2012

What Makes Your Business Stand Out?

Trainer and author Jeffrey Gitomer tells this story about his first trip to Hawaii: 


“Seven hours in a plane makes for a weary traveller. I was met at the airport with the traditional lei of flowers. Fantasy fulfilled.  Gritty from the plane ride, I entered the lobby of the Hawaii Prince Hotel. At the desk, someone smiled at me, said “aloha!” and gave me a hot steamed washcloth. Aah! Just the refreshment and revitalization I needed. 

WOW, what a great way to greet a customer. What a welcome! 

Other than the price of the room, the lobby, and a few knick-knacks, very little separates hotel rooms. A hot washcloth stopped me in my tracks. It was a surprise, an unexpected moment of pleasure, something small that separated the Hawaii Prince from all other hundreds of hotels I have stayed in.” 


What separates you from your competition?
What standards are you setting?
What makes people talk about you?
What makes people look forward to doing business with you?
What makes people tell others about your business?
What is your hot steamed washcloth? 

 If you have a ‘hot steamed washcloth’ in your business, post on our page and tell us what it is ! 


Thanks to the team at Powerful Practices for this timely reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment