"href"=’https://plus.google.com/101651909899715878453?rel=author’>+Anthony Davis

Monday 4 March 2013

Goal Correcting



Goal Correcting

Now might be a good time to pull out this year’s goals to review and correct them. If you're challenged by some goals and are thinking of giving them up, ask yourself these five questions before letting them go:


1.  Do I need to break it into smaller, more bite-sized action steps?  If you force too many goals at once, you set yourself up for failure.  

2. What is the biggest obstacle to achieving my goal? Identify the things that are impeding your progress.

3.  What can I do to break through that obstacle? Address every obstacle by brainstorming for a workable solution. It needs to be a solution you will actually use. 

4. Is this the right goal? Ask yourself, "Why is this goal so important to me? What's the purpose?  Is there another goal that resonates with me more?"

5. Am I holding on to the wrong goal just to prove I'm not a quitter?  Sometimes it is wiser to let go of old goals so new, bigger, better and brighter goals can take their place.

Regularly review and correct your goals.

Thanks to the Centre for Powerful Practices for this Business Boost.

If you would like the full article, send an email to bizplan@brightwater.com.au with 'GOALS' in the subject line.

Written by Anthony Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment